Postponed: Classic Telescope Night
Apologies, but we have had to postpone this event. Don’t blow the dust off those classic scopes just yet – the event will be back.
Do you have a classic “trash” telescope”, such as:
- a telescope that came in a box stating “525 x” (or higher) power?
- a telescope that came in a box with deceptively wonderful images of what you might imagine you could see, like Saturn, Jupiter, Orion Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy?
- a telescope that was bought at a “department store” and came in a box like described above?
- a telescope with a jerky, rickety, wobbly, flimsy or otherwise unstable tripod/mount?
- a telescope with a primary lens or mirror 50 mm or smaller diameter?
- a telescope of the type you were advised not to buy at the Astro Café “How to Buy a Telescope” presented by RASC?
Do you have a classic “good” telescope such as:
- Celestron 5, 8, or 14 (1970’s orange tube)
- Criterion Dynamax 8
- Questar 3 1/2 or 7
- Quantum maksutov
- Criterion Dynascope RV-6
- Star-Liner reflector
- Cave Astrola reflector
- Astroscan reflector
- old Meade refractor
- Unitron refractor
- Gotoh refractor
- very old Tasco refractor
If the answer is “yes” to ANY of these questions, then bring your telescope to Classic Telescope Night, and show it off! We’ll line ’em up and compare views of the Moon at about 50x or 100x magnification.
Prize for worst view of the Moon thru a classic “trash” telescope!
Prize for best view of the Moon thru a classic “good” telescope!
Friday, July 12, 2019
9:00 – 11:00 PM
On the lawn at the RASC Observatory at TWOSE.
*** Weather Permitting ***
This post will be updated with “Go” or “No Go” on the morning of July 12.
FREE event open to the public